Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Honeymooners

Sharing honeymoon pictures on Facebook always struck me as odd for some reason. The same goes for ultrasound pictures. However, since my blog readers seem to be close friends and family, I thought it'd be fun to share some pictures. I ran across these on a thumb drive while cleaning out the sewing room (it's looking quite nice - the sewing room).

:: Covered Wagon Ranch in Gallatin Gateway, Montana ::
Sunday, September 18 - Thursday, September 22, 2011

 waiting for our connecting flight in the Denver airport at the 
USO lounge (so nice - comfy recliners, big-screen TV, and homemade sandwiches!)

the view from the front of the lodge

our little cabin in the woods

I'm a cold-weather-wimp, so I spent a lot of time by our stove.

first morning hitting the trail :: first things first, suit up!
We learned our boots needed to be pointy to get them in the 
stirrups easily and have a little heel to stay in the stirrups.
Tres uncomfortable.

Saddle up! I am quickly realizing how uncomfortable horseback riding is.
 
 our guide's horse - so beautiful
 
at the trailhead
 
the view :: At one point, we could see into Yellowstone National Park.

 Our cabin had no "distractions", i.e. no TV or wifi. So maybe we're not country people after all?

We spent one afternoon in town. We looked through some shops, and ...

Russ did some big game hunting.  
We also enjoyed some much-needed cell phone reception.

 and back to our front porch for some relaxation

 last day of trail riding, this time in a more wooded area

 Our guide, Brian, rode a mule that day. He said a mule could handle
 the perils of a steep, wooded area better. I was also relieved to find out 
he was packin' heat should we encounter any threats, ahem, bears.

Speaking of bears, we stopped along the way to explore an abandoned 
bear cave. I was sooooo scared that bear would show up. 


:: New York City ::
Friday, September 23 - Sunday, September 25, 2011

the view from our hotel room :: Manhattan is out there somewhere.

 Liberty fabrics :: Friday we headed over to SoHo to go a fabric/yarn 
store I had drooled over online for years (Purl).


Then we had THE BEST Italian food I've ever tasted at Lupa Osteria Romana. 
I was still a vegetarian at this point, so I had swiss chard ravioli with cream sauce. 
Russ had something with sausage, I think?

 Next stop, American Museum of Natural History! It was everything I'd imagined and more. 
Bonus: we got free admission with Russ's military ID. 
Complaint: the ONE thing I wanted to see the most, the wax cavemen exhibit, was closed for a convention. Boooo.

view of Columbus Circle from the Museum of Arts and Design :: Saturday we 
joined up with Russ's family to celebrate the bat mitzvah of his cousin, Julia.

those Baur boys, Dan, Russ, and Jason :: They're all married now!

Julia and her Rabbi read from the Torah.

 Julia's parents read.


 the first time I saw my new last name

 Sunday we did a little more sightseeing. This store, M&J Trimming, was amaaaaaazing.

Russ in Times Square
 
Hope you enjoyed! We sure did!




 


No comments:

Post a Comment