Monday, September 30, 2013

The Latest on G

At 15 months, Garrett is growing and changing as fast as ever. Everyday, it seems, he learns a new skill, usually to my chagrin. Every so often I say to myself, "This first floor is completely Garrett-proof, I can't think of a single thing he could get into that I don't want him to." And then he goes and makes a liar out of me, tenfold. But I'm thankful he's a healthy, active, inquisitive kiddo. And I'm thankful he's mine.

Age: 15 months 
Weight: 26 pounds 
Favorite Foods: cheese, watermelon, strawberries, popcorn
Favorite Toys: small rolling suitcase, dog bowl, cell phones, sticks, balls
Favorite Games: bouncing around on couches, being chased, feeding the pup
New Skills:
  • Opening doors. The house we're renting has the lever-style door handles, which are really stylish I suppose, but they make toddler door opening way too easy. So ... the door to the hall closet where I keep my sewing machine and all my supplies? Yep. And the door to the air conditioning unit? Yep. And the door to the backyard?! Oh yeah.
  • Following directions. I really don't understand the whole language development thing. But G can follow things that we say without being able to speak a word. So I didn't know he knew the word "bowl", but when I ask him to go get his bowl, he reappears with it. And if he's feeling compliant and I tell him to "sit", he actually sits. And some days, if the stars align and I say "no", he stops doing what he was doing! It makes life a little easier since I'm actually able to communicate with him a bit. And it's really cool to see him learning.
  • Being gentle with the pup. The tail-pulling seems to have been curbed, and now he mostly hugs and gently pets Bernoulli. He loves to throw the ball for him to catch (and keep). 
  • Grump face. The pic above isn't even grump face. Someday I will catch it on camera. You don't want to be on the receiving end of grump face.
Recent first: haircut
Update: Kitty captured Grump Face...

1 comment:

  1. I got a G grump face photo on Skype the other night! Will definitely send it to you when I get home!

    ReplyDelete